I’m sure I’m breaking some cardinal Top Ten Tuesday rule, but ahhh such is life.
This weeks top ten, “Ten characters that are fellow book nerds”, didn’t really strike me or rather I couldn’t think of any characters. So, I went through the Top Ten Archives and stumbled upon this topic:
Top Ten Books I wouldn’t mind Santa bring me
I thought how àpropos, after all it is Christmas in July. I recently moved from Washington, DC to Denver, CO and had my things shipped. Well, somehow several boxes of books didn’t make it. My mom and dad have looked at home and they can’t find them. 😢
The following list is just a sampling of the books that have mysteriously disappeared. And if there is a fat man with a long white beard, in a red velvet suit, from the North Pole, who plays with Elves and has those cute cartoon Reindeer, I’d be ever so grateful if I you could deliver my lost books.
1. The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
2. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
3. Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin
4. Middlemarch by George Eliot
5. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
6. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Wolf
7. Native Son by Richard Wright
8. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
9. Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
10. Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift