The Top Ten
Resolutions Goals for 2016
from the Broke and the Bookish
I don’t have many bookish related goals, but the ones I have are:
- Read more. Last year I didn’t do a very good job of keeping up with my reading. This year I plan to do a better job of it. I have a lot of books I want to get through.
- Finish the Back to Classics Challenge. I found this challenge last year and was unable to complete it. Actually, I never even got a running start. You can find my list here.
- Complete the TBR Triple Dog Dare. I found this dare a month or two ago and signed up right away because it’s the last time James is hosting it. I like the concept of this because there is no pressure to complete it. You can find my list here.
- Read more literature written by minorities. I was going through my reading list for the Classics Challenge and TBR Dare and I discovered that I had very few minority authors, so I’m going to pepper my reading with writers that are under-represented in the literary world.
- Follow my book review schedule. I have said that I would write a book review every other week and I don’t think that’s a lot.
- Publish my reviews, thereby improving my review skills. I have struggled with my reviews feeling to academic, which is what I would like to get away from, and as a result of this I don’t publish as often as I actually write. And here of late I haven’t been writing them either. So this year regardless of how academic they sound the review will be published.
What are some of your 2016
resolutions goals bookish or otherwise?