I’ve seen this read-a-thon before, but have never really had time to participate. Now I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with – in a good way.
Bout of Books is a one-week read-a-thon beginning Monday, May 8th at 12:01 am (your time zone) and ending Sunday, May 14th. And the best part about it is it’s low-pressure. There are challenges (optional), giveaways, and a grand prize.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. For all Bout of Books 19 information, updates and of course to sign up and join in the fun, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog.
I know this isn’t part of the Bout of Books sign up, but I thought I’d put it out there anyway. Hopefully, it’ll provide me a smidge more accountability. Just a smidge.
For the seven days, my plan is to read the books that are on any one of my challenges (click here to see the challenges) that can be read in a single day or a few hours. By doing this it’ll help me get back on track with my reading goals for the year.
So, on the reading agenda are the following:
- The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- The Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen (ARC)**
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo A. Anaya
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Persepolis Parts 1 & 2 by Marjane Satrapi
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
. . . and if time should permit, I’ll throw in:
- Around the world in Eighty Days by Jules Verne and
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
**Note: List Revised 5/7 to include ARC