I’ve been thinking about doing a 12 Days of Christmas blog event. So, from now Dec. 12th – Dec. 22nd, I’ll be posting every day. Not all the posts are going to Christmas related, but even so I do hope you enjoy them.
1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
YES! How much time do we have here. I think I’ve started and not finished more books than I’ve finished this year. I am very much an emotional reader and have the attention span of a gnat. So, if the book slows down and I get bored or feel like I’m plodding through I will put it down and move on to something else.
Here are a few:
2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
No. I pick up whatever floats my boat at the time.
3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
Probably. I haven’t really kept up with end of year releases because of moving and recovering from surgery. So I’m totally going to cheat on this one. I’ve become enamored by the Hogarth Shakespeare series and can’t wait for Jo Nesbo’s retelling of Macbeth to come out next year.
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
This is a trick question. I’m so far behind on my reading that I couldn’t possibly name only three. But if I must. Here it goes. . .
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë – this is a reread and it’s one of my all time favs.
- Don’t Look Now by Daphne du Maurier – I started reading this collection of short stories, but didn’t finish and not because I got bored – life happened.
- Song of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti – This is another one I started and didn’t finish. I found myself a little more afraid of things that go bump in the night when I was reading this, so I had to take a break.
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
Nope. I already read my favorite book of the year.
6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?
Heck yeah! I’ve made a conscious decision to focus on the books I already own. More than half of my books are still packed away since my move in October, and the ones (over 100) that are unpacked I haven’t read half of them.
I’ve already signed up for a couple of TBR challenges and may do an abbreviated version of the Pop Sugar challenge. But if you have any favorite reading challenges and/or read-a-thons let me know.
I created a Tsundoku Bingo, which you can find here. If you’re interested in joining me in clearing up your TBR piles, please sign up. If there’s enough interest in the Bingo I’ll do weekly challenges.
I’m not tagging anyone in this tag, so if you feel like doing it please do and link back to me so I can check out your answers.
I’m not sure where The End of Year Book Tag originated, but I found it over at Books and Muches.