In case you’re not familiar Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jenna over at That Artsy Reader Girl. Don’t forget to drop by and see what everyone else is reading (or not reading).
This weeks Top Ten Tuesday was difficult for me. Why? Because usually books I don’t remember much or anything about are books I didn’t like. And I do my best to wipe them from my memory.
Books I Really Liked but Can’t Remember Anything/Much About
- The Millennium Series by Steig Larsson – There are bits and pieces I remember and they’re my favorite parts. Like when she tattooed on Nils Bjurman’s chest, “I AM A SADISTIC PIG AND RAPIST” (Book 1).
- The Hunger Games Series – This was the first YA book I’d read in a long time. However by the time I got to the third book I couldn’t remember what happened in the previous books.
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achabe – I remember enjoying it, but for the life of me I can’t remember it. Now perhaps I can chalk it up to having read it so long ago, but there are other books that I read around the same time and can remember something.
- The Woman Warrior & China Men by Maxine Hong Kingston – I read these in college for a Young Adult literature class. I remember liking The Woman Warrior more than China Men. And I don’t know why of all the passages this is the one that has stuck with me.
Sisters used to sit on their beds and cry together, she said, as their mothers or their slaves removed the bandages for a few minutes each night and let the blood gush back into their veins (pg.7).
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett – I read this for a book club a couple years ago but for the life of me I’m drawing a blank. I know I liked it, but I don’t remember why.
So, what books have you read that you enjoyed, but can’t remember what they were about? Would you ever go back and reread them to try and figure out why you liked them?