Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Ready Girl and this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is
Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish (Submitted by A Book and a Cup). (Feel free to switch this to Series I’d Like to Finish Someday)
I’m not big into series and haven’t read many. I usually get disappointed after the first book, that is if the first book didn’t turn me off.
For this Top Ten Tuesday I decided to do a combination of series I haven’t finished, don’t intend to read, and series bucket list
1. The Hunger Games series and have read the first book, but have yet to read the other two.
2. I bought Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children trilogy by Ransom Riggs about a year ago at a used bookstore. And well, they are still on my shelf – unread. Thinking about donating them.
3. I’ve only read The Giver in Lois Lowry’s The Giver Quartet and to be perfectly honest with you, I didn’t really care for it. Since last year I’ve pondered whether or not to give it another go and continue with the series. So far the answer is no.
4. The Twilight Series by Stephanie Myer is not a series that I am so inclined to read. Ever. The movies didn’t do it for, albeit it handsome cast.
5. I’m convinced I’m the only one who hasn’t read the Harry Potter series. I tried. I really did and I was bored out of my mind. I thought I would try it again since I’m in a different place in my life and . . . the 20th anniversary covers are spectacular.
6. Much like The Twilight Series, Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James is another series I will NOT read. A coworker tried to get me to read it and I read a few lines and thought the writing was absolutely horrible.
7. Song of Fire and Ice by George R. R. Martin is on my book reading bucket list
8. The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien is also on my book reading bucket list
9. Henning Mankell’s Kurt Wallander series is one that I’d like to read. I bought the first book in the series, Faceless Killers for a reading challenge but never read the book.
10. And finally, my list would not be complete without The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis. To this day this childhood favorite of mine is still my favorite book series ever.