This week I decided to add the meme Top 5 Wednesday. I probably won’t do it every week. I’m thinking more when there’s a particular topic that really strikes my fancy. And this weeks topic did just that.
Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year
–Halfway through the year, and it’s time to evaluate our reading goals and take a look at our TBRs for the second half of the year!
There are a lot of books I want to read before the end of the year; and according to my Goodreads Reading Challenge I’m waaayyy behind in accomplishing my goal.
I’m sure you’ve seen me mention most of the books on this Top 5 in previous posts, and they’ve been on my TBR 2+ years. The books in this Top 5 are part of a few of my 2018 reading challenges.
- I’ve had Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi since it came out in 2016. I definitely plan on getting to this year. Next month to be exact. It’s part of my Sizzlin’ Summer Reads – 20 Books of Summer and the 2018 Official TBR challenge
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen is one I bought on the recommendation of a fellow bookseller. It does seem interesting and intriguing. It’s also on my Sizzlin Summer Reads list for July
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara was a staff recommendation I saw at a bookstore. I also bought as part of the plan to diversify my reading.
- I’ve always wanted to read Ulysses by James Joyce. Haha!😂😂 That’s so not true. I ‘had’ to read Ulysses in college but kind of sorta didn’t. Anyway, this is part of my Back to Classics TBR – Read a classic that scares you.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez has been on my TBR for years. Haven’t a clue how many. This is perhaps the only book on the list that’s made it to the top of the TBR pile more than half a dozen times to only be shoved to the bottom of the pile by another book.
And there you have it the Top 5 books that I want/plan to read by the end of the year. What books are on your must read by end of year list?