Here are the challenge instructions:
Find a book that contains (either on the cover or in the title) an example for each category. You must have a separate book for all 20, get as creative as you want and make it happen in under 5 minutes!!
I’m just going to put out there right now, I sooooo failed at this for several reasons. My books are in about 3 different places and that doesn’t include some books that are still packed away. I won’t tell you how long it took, but it was definitely way longer than 5 minutes.
- food – Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
- transportation – The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
- weapon The Gun by by Fuminori Nakamura
- animal – The Leopard by Jo Nesbo
- number – The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan
- something you read – ??? For this one I was amazed I didn’t have a book with ‘book’ or ‘read’ in the title or on the cover. What the what?!
- body of water – In the Pond by Ha Jin
- product of fire – The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- royalty – The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
- architecture – City of Exiles by Alec Nevalla-Lee
- item of clothing – The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- family member – Daughters of Decadence by Elaine Showalter
- time of day – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- music – The Piano Lesson by August Wilson
- paranormal being – The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- occupation – The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
- season – Blood on Snow by Jo Nesbo
- color – Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- celestial body – The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- something that grows – Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
So, now that I’ve done this challenge it has become painfully obvious that I need to have a book purge.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you do the tag, please be sure to link back here and let me know. I look forward to seeing your answers.