Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is
Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype
I usually wait until the hype dies down before reading a book. I’m always afraid it will fall flat, and I’ll be disappointed. However, over the last 12 months or so I’ve been pleasantly surprised at books that have lived up to the hype.
Books that lived up to the hype
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
Books I hope live up to the hype
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
Have you read any of the books on either list? If so, did they live up to the hype or fall flat?