It’s official. The lucky number is 9! And the book I’ll read for The Classics Club Spin #18 is Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin. It’s not the number I had hoped for, but it is a book I’m excited to read and by an author I have enjoyed over the years.
So, now what? It’s simple just read and review the book (hopefully) by August 31st. That’s it. Can’t get any easier than that. Right?
The list of 20 books is at the below, if you’re interested in seeing the books I selected.
- Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
- I Know Why the Caged Bird by Maya Angelou ☹
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia-Marquez
- The Art of War by Tzun Szu
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- Beowulf translate by Seamus Heaney
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- Candide by Voltaire/The Prince by Machiavelli
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rodolfo Anaya
- Cane by Jean Toomer/Passing by Nella Larsen
- Rosanna by Maj Sjowal
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- Parable of Talents by Octavia Butler
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Almanac of the Dead by Leslie Marmon Silko
- The Time Machine/The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee☹
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte