This year was all about knocking books off my ever-growing TBR pile. At least, in theory. It does, however, seem that I have yet to master that oh so simple task as I keep acquiring more books and reading shiny new ones.
I don’t know if anyone else is asking “Where did the year go?”, but it’s really over in another. . .
When you break it down like that it sounds like you’ve got all the time in the world, right? WRONG! It’s never enough time. But let’s hope we can pull off those last few goals before 2019 greets us.
So, let’s get on with the wrap up.
November Book Booty
This month I went a little overboard, but I’m really happy with my purchases. I bought 1 book during employee appreciation and 6 books at my two favorite used book shops. And spent a total of $33 (rounded up) on 7 books. So what did I get!
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- IQ84 by Haruki Murakami
- Lord of the Flies 50th Anniversary Ed. by William Golding
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Emma by Jane Austen
Read in November
November was about the Read-a-Thin Challenge. It’s a Goodreads group that focuses on reading books from your ever-growing TBR pile. I feel like this month wasn’t as good as last month. I haven’t had a lot of time to read because of my work schedule. I’ve picked up extra shifts and worked A LOT of overnights.
Now, having said that how much did I read?
- Sabrina by Nick Drnaso 🤔 Good read, but the jury is still out
- Jane Eyre Manga by Charlotte Brontë 😀 One of my favorite novels EVER and it was nice to read it in a different format
- The Sinners by Ace Atkins (DNF)🤮 I really tried
- The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang (started)
- Becoming by Michelle Obama (started)
By the Numbers
For the month of November, I read a total of 11h29m and 23m for a daily average. About 7 hours less than last month. Not too shabby considering my wonky work schedule.
**NOTE:** If you’re curious about the charts, I downloaded an app called ATracker.
The only challenge I did was Read-a-Thin. I liked the prompts and I’m a little sad I didn’t really have a chance to complete them.
- Read a book that’s been on your TBR for over a year
- Read a book that was gifted to you or that you got in a subscription box
Read a book with a Fall colored cover– Sabrina
Read a book in a non-traditional format(eBook, Audiobook, graphic novel, manga, etc) – Jane Eyre Manga
Read a book entirely in a cozy spot– My bed. I always read in bed. It’s the coziest spot around.
By the Numbers
Books Read in September: 2
Pages Read in September: 523
Books Read YTD: 27
Pages Read YTD: 6708