I’m in the process of revamping and rethinking some things on my blog. I did my first Throwback (Flashback Friday) post a few weeks ago and truly enjoyed it.
It gave me an opportunity to think, focus and reflect on happier times in my life. Not that I’m not happy now. Perhaps I should say a more carefree time in my life.
You know the time when all you had to worry about is if that boy (or girl) liked you and if you wanted to buy something you went to mom and dad and asked for it or the money to go buy it.
Yeah, that time.
Sooo, I’ve decided to make this a regular feature. And, here we go. Continue reading
It’s that time of year again. My favorite time of year.
🍁🍁F A L L!!🍁🍁
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List
The books are already on my TBR List and part of several reading challenges.
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Song of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly Continue reading
I am a product of the 80’s and thought I would share some of my favorites from 1982. I guess I’m kinda carbon dating myself here.
Book: I didn’t read this until I was much older. But having to pick a book released in 1092, this is by far my favorite.
For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I didn’t have to really think about it. I had to think more about which books not to include, because I tell you I have struggled through some books.
Ten Books I Struggled to Get Into But Ended Up Loving or Ten Books That Were A Chore To Get Through or Ten Books I’ve Most Recently Put Down (the theme is…books you had a hard time with…tweak it however you need)
- The Help by Katherine Stockett – I bought this book years ago at the height of its peak popularity. I was so disappointed in it. I was determined to finish it, but alas after a month of plodding through I gave up.
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde – This was a book club pick. I read it some 20 years ago in college and remember loving it. I went back to reread it for book club and oh my gosh it was a drag.
- My Antonia by Willa Cather – If I didn’t have to read this in college I wouldn’t have and to be honest, I didn’t. I did read a good portion of it before throwing in the towel, but I just simply didn’t care about the characters. Continue reading
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted over at Freda’s Voice. The rules are simple and go something like this.
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that’s ok.)
3. Find any sentence, (or a few, just don’t spoil it)
4. Post it. Continue reading